Speed Assault 2 Earth Brown
Speed Assault 2 are extremely light, exceptionally fast and very flexible shoes for use in the field. From desert missions to jungle training camps or operations in boggy terrain, the Speed Assault 2 feels good in all situations with its weight of just 320 grams. The focuses for the new and updated version of this speed machine were an optimized fit around the upper foot and the design aspect.
The boot’s light weight is achieved thanks to technologies used in Salomon’s trail running shoes, with an emphasis on performance, robustness, flexibility and agility. The upper material mix consists of ripstop fabric, anti-debris mesh and TPU materials. All materials are highly breathable to ensure a pleasant foot climate even in warm and humid environments. The welded SensiFitTM system cradles the foot from the midsole to the Quicklace fast-lacing system to provide a secure, precise and almost customized fit.
The EnergyCell material ensures optimum damping and performance in the sole construction. The compressed EVA damping material offers improved shock absorption combined with greater rebound, while the Contagrip TA outsole with Chevron lugs ensures optimum grip on a wide variety of surfaces. An OrthoLite inlay sole ensures a comfortable fit and additional damping in the boot, while perforations in the sole support a pleasant foot climate.
A perfect choice for anyone who wishes to avoid heavy footwear and appreciates a lightweight modern boot for agility in the field.
Light & quick drying
With lightweight, quick-drying materials and a welded construction, this shoe won’t weigh you down or stay wet for long.
Packed with strategic chevron lugs, the durable Contagrip outsole ups the traction on any terrain.
The protective mid cut wraps the ankle for extra support and stability when moving fast in loose terrain.
LACING SYSTEM: Quicklace
Minimalistic and strong lace for one-pull tightening. Easy-on, easy-off.
A high performance EVA foam that provides shock attenuation.
SOCKLINER: Molded OrthoLite sockliner
Molded to match the contours of your foot, this OrthoLite insole provides superior cushioning, breathability and durability, to upgrade the comfort and performance of your shoe.
LINING MATERIAL: Textile lining
A soft, breathable lining for extreme comfort.
- Lycra- Stretch material provides a secure, comfortable fit
- Non-reflective materials - Built to be discrete and non-reflective for Tactical use
- Ripstop fabric -Woven fabrics, often made of nylon, with reinforcement to resist tearing, ripping and abrasion
- Single layer Mesh - A single layer of Mesh, close to the foot, for maximum feel
- Anti-debris Mesh - Tight mesh that prevents debris from being trapped between your foot and the footbed
- Gusseted tongue - The tongue is connected to the upper on both sides, preventing debris from entering the shoe, and keeping the tongue centered
- Lace pocket - Provides easy storage for the Quicklace lacing system
- Soft collar construction - A soft collar improves comfort and creates a more ergonomic feel
- Protective mudguard - A wrap of leather, synthetic or rubber around the base of the foot that protects the lateral and medial sides of the foot
- Protective toecap
- Welded upper - Stitch-free upper construction provides a smooth, glove-like, fit and feel
- Mud Contagrip - Built for maximum grip on loose, soft, rugged, and uneven surfaces, Mud Contagrip uses deep, sharp lugs made from a compound that focuses on adhesion
- Chevron lugs - Lug design with deep penetration and multi-directional grip, improving traction on soft surfaces like mud or loose dirt
Inlay sole: Textile
Upper: Textile / Synthetic
Drop: 6.5 in mm
Heel stack height: 26.9 mm
Forefoot stack height: 20.4 mm
Lacing system: Quicklace
Weight: 320 g
Manufacturer: Salomon Forces, France